VOCABULARY FOR EXPRESSING "ANGER"
1.ANNOYED
Meaning
ANNOYED (adjective) = Slightly angry or impatient.
ANNOY(verb) = Make someone a little angry or impatient.
IS ANNOYED
GET ANNOYED (WITH SOMEONE)
ANNOYED AT / ABOUT /WITH (SOMEONE OR SOMETHING)
ANNOYED WITH ONESELF / ANNOYED AT YOURSELF
LOOK / SEEM ANNOYED
ANNOYED THAT
1.I got annoyed by her repeated questions.
2. She was annoyed with herself for being careless.
3.Jim was annoyed with me over some trivial disagreement.
4.He was annoyed that people were not appreciative.
5.He seems annoyed at her.
6.Her careless attitude annoys me a lot.
2.UPSET
Meaning
UPSET(verb) = To make someone worried,unhappy or angry.
UPSET (adjective) = Worried,unhappy or angry.
BE UPSET
GET UPSET
UPSET ABOUT SOMETHING
UPSET WITH SOMEONE
LOOK/SEEM UPSET
1.I am so upset with myself.
2.Don't be upset,he was only joking.
3.Lucy seems upset about her examination results.
4.Jim looked upset as he read the letter.
5.John's comments has upset her.
6.Tom gets easily upset.
7.He remained upset all day.
3.OFFENDED
OFFENDED(adjective) = Upset and Angry,because someone has been rude or embarassed you.
OFFENDED BY( SOMETHING)
1.People are often offended by sarcasm,bad language and dry humor.
2.They will be offended if we don't go to their party.
3.Jim is very sensitive and easily offended.
4.I'm sorry if I offended you.
5.She has offended his honour.
6.Jim is offended by her comment.
7.I will be offended if you say No.
8.Please do not be offended.
9.I'm sorry I offended you.
10.She gets easily offended by lack of emotion from her parents.
4.FURIOUS
FURIOUS(adjective) = Extremely Angry.
FURIOUS ABOUT (SOMETHING)
FURIOUS AT ( SOMETHING / SOMEONE )
FURIOUS WITH (SOMEONE)
FURIOUS THAT
1.The Boss was furious with Jim for disobeying his orders.
2.The politician was furious with the media for printing the story without his consent.
3.Jack's parents were furious when they found out he had squandered(wasted) their family fortune on gambling.
4.My mom would be furious if she knows that I have scraped (damaged on surface) her new car against a post and scratched (damaged a surface with something sharp or rough) the paintwork.
5.If you refuse,Lucy will be furious.
6.She looks absolutely furious.
7. His wild accusations has made me furious.
8. I was furious with myself at my own weakness.
9. The Boss was tense and furious when the employee entered his cabin.
Comments
Post a Comment